The Woodmen of Rhovanion were descended from the Northmen of old who in turn descended from the Edain of the First Age. Thus the Woodmen were cousins to the Men of Dale, to the Beornings, and to the Rohirrim, speaking a related but unique tongue. In the Third Age, the Woodmen dwelled in the forest of Mirkwood.
This Woodman is a skilled forester and trapper, clothed in leathers made from the hides of his quarry. His hat is trimmed with foxfur, and his mantle is of bear-hide with a claw still attached to serve as the clasp. On his back he carries a pack containing his snares and traps, a small hatchet, and several trophies. Fingerless gloves allow him to skin his catches and perform other fine tasks. His simple bow and hunting knife are prized possessions, the key to both survival and livelihood.
I put this outfit together because I was intrigued by the hat. The hats in this style strike me as having an eastern-Eurpoean flavour perfect for Woodmen, whose names were translated using Gothic names like Vidugavia (widugawja, “woodlord”).
- Head: Pristine Hat (crafted — tailor T5; or looted — world drop/general), gold
- Shoulders: Westfold Campaign Shoulder Pads (crafted — tailor T7), Ranger green
- Back: Trapper’s Backpack (bartered — skirmish camp cosmetics quartermaster/cosmetic items; or purchased — LOTRO Store), yellow
- Chest: Dwarf-make Outrider’s Armour (crafted — tailor T3; or looted — world drop/general), Ranger green
- Hands: Fingerless Gloves (quest reward — Yule festival  Self-sacrifice: Support the Poor), yellow
- Legs: Westernesse Protector’s Leggings (crafted — tailor T5; or looted — world drop/general), rust
- Feet: Boots of the Eorlingas (pre-order — Rise of Isengard), default
Tips: As an alternative to the Trapper’s Backpack, you could try a quiver or one of the more rustic hoodless cloaks; for example the Cloak of the Boar (bartered — Harvestmath fall festival trader/cosmetic clothing) or the Cloak of the Algraig (purchased — LOTRO Store).