The Elves fade from Middle-earth, leaving ruined refuges in their wake. Perhaps some of the Elves who remain on the Hither Shore make pilgrimages to these monuments of the Elder Days to meditate on their beauty or to defend them.
This Elf has come to the ruins of Tham Gelair at dawn in the Ered Luin for just such reasons. She absorbs the beauty and sadness around her while moving through a graceful routine as she practises her skills-at-arms. So that she trains herself to bear its weight she is arrayed in her battle armour, a suit of fine elven mail reinforced with steel plates whose delicacy belies their strength. Her winged helm recalls the glory of the Elder Days.
This is an outfit I have used for a long time on my Champion. I think it’s great becuase it looks good and is really easy to put together and modify. I love many of the elven-style pieces from the original Shadows of Angmar game, especially the breastplates and helms. Unfortunately, there are no elven shoulders that quite match the slightly violet hue of the vambraces. There is a very nice world-drop elven shoulder style in steel that matches the shape of the gloves, but it is more gray. I should say “no elven shoulders that quite match — that I know of”! If anyone knows of elven shoulders that more closely match these gloves, please do let me know!
- Head: Helm of Thranduil (looted — Barad Gúlaran/Forvengwath), gold
- Shoulders: Elven Steel Shoulder Guards (purchased — Rivendell heavy armour vendor; or looted — world drop/general), gold
- Chest: Elven Steel Breastplate (purchased — Rivendell heavy armour vendor; or looted — world drop), gold
- Back: Fine Elven Quiver (purchased — Rivendell outfit vendor), sienna
- Hands: Elven Steel Gauntlets of Courage (looted — world drop/general), gold
- Legs: Elven Bronze Leggings (crafted — metalsmith T1; or looted — world drop/general), gold
- Feet: Elven Bronze Boots (crafted — metalsmith T1; or looted — world drop/general), gold
Tips: This outfit would be really easy to modify by swapping pieces in and out. Just about any elven-style helm would look great and there is another commonly-found style of elven gloves in medium and heavy armour which also have violet-tinged vambraces as well. Many of these pieces can be found at the Rivendell medium and heavy armour vendors. Some of the Tier 6 elven-styled heavy armour shoulders, boots, and gloves, such as the Sellsword’s and Galadhrim sets, might look great as well.