Hobbits were said to have worn boots in muddy weather, but what about snowy weather? In particularly bad winters, perhaps the furthest parts of the Northfarthing had some snow in the depths of winter; surely Hobbits would have worn boots then as well.
This Hobbit-lass, excited by the unusual snowfall, has bundled up for a crisp stroll. A warm muffler, thick gloves, and a bear-fur cloak (tinted a playful purple) keep her warm and comfortable. Her jacket and snow-pants are lined with soft fur on the inside as well, and it’s cold and snowy enough that she has on on thick fur boots — rare for a Hobbit! Although she’s warm and cosy, no doubt she’s looking forward to enjoying a hot cup of tea or cider with her Gammer by a crackling fire when she returns home.
I thought it was time for a winter outfit here at the Starry Mantle. Hobbit-lasses look cute just about all of the time, but when I’m running around in this outfit, I feel like I’m in cute-overload. In fact, I’m pretty sure I saw some nearby bear-cubs experiencing cuteness-related aneurysms while I was taking these shots! There’s just something adorable about the way the hooded fur cloaks frame plump Hobbit-faces.
- Shoulders: Yule Scarf (bartered — Yule festival barter vendor/cosmetics), crimson
- Back: Warm Bear-fur Cloak (quest reward — Forochel  Winter Cleaning; or purchased — LOTRO Store), red
- Chest: Radiant Dwarf-make Armour (crafted — tailor T5; or looted — world drop/general), indigo
- Hands: Ceremonial Ajokoira Gloves (crafted — tailor T5/Lossoth reputation; or purchased — LOTRO Store), gold
- Legs: Radiant Dwarf-make Leggings (crafted — tailor T5; or looted — world drop/general), indigo
- Feet: Ceremonial Ajokoira Shoes (crafted — tailor T5/Lossoth reputation; or purchased — LOTRO Store), red
Tips: Swapping out the Ajokoira pieces for either the medium or heavy versions of the Lossoth reputation rewards (Leijona and Mammutti sets, respectively; crafted Lossoth reputation rewards) would be a great way to mix this outfit up — just experiment with dye colours. The cloak used in this outfit comes in three versions from the same quest: Soft, Cozy, or Warm. Likewise, many of the Yule festival cloaks (Yule festival barter rewards) or Leijona or Mammutti cloaks (crafted Lossoth reputation rewards) would look great as well. The Oven Mitts (medallion barter reward) would look like cosy mittens with this outfit (though I’m not certain how well they dye).
Wardrobe Update! This outfit has been updated.