In IIIA 1974, Arthedain, one of Arnor’s successor-kingdoms, was destroyed in the seige known as the Fall of Fornost. The inhabitants of fallen Arthedain fled to Lindon and the Witch-king of Angmar took up residence in the remains of Fornost Erain. The following year, Prince Eärnur of Gondor came to Lindon with a vast host. This host, plus the remnants of the Dúnedain of the North, the forces of the Elves of Lindon, and a small company of Hobbit archers marched into the Fields of Fornost to challenge the Witch-king.
This man is one of the soldiers of fallen Arthedain under the command of Aranarth, the first Chieftain of the Dúnedain. A proud northern Dúnadan, he wears bright mail reinforced with pliant leather, burnished vambraces and pauldrons, and silvered tassets. His strong helm, an heirloom of Arnor, is decorated with brazen wings. Upon his breast he bears a many-rayed star, perhaps representative of the Elendilmir, the Star of the North-kingdom.
This outfit is the first in a new type of post I’m calling Collections. The idea is to create a collection of outfits related to a particular theme, be it a certain style, colour, group, or anything else. In this case, the theme is the Battle of Fornost. I wanted to make use of some of the items bartered by the Wardens of Annúminas faction, all of which feature the device of a seven-pointed star associated with the city of Annúminas.
- Head: Heavy Helm from the Men of Bree (bartered — Bree-town Men of Bree quartermaster/Men of Bree reputation), rust
- Shoulders: West-land Shoulder Guards (crafted — metalsmith T4; or looted — world drop), gold
- Chest: Hauberk of Forgotten Hope (bartered — Tinnudir Wardens of Annúminas quartermaster/Wardens of Annúminas reputation), violet
- Hands: Gloves of the Heartmender (bartered — Tinnudir Wardens of Annúminas reputation quartermaster/Minstrel’s goods), gold
- Legs: Ceremonial Leggings of the West-tower (bartered — skirmish camp cosmetis quartermaster/Annúminas cosmetic clothing), burgundy
- Feet: Glossy Leather Boots (purchased — Bree-land outfit vendor), sienna
Tips: The Westernesse-style world drop shoulders used in this outfit are extremely similar to the Westernesse Shoulder Guards (crafted), except that the world drop version lacks the leather trim seen on the crafted piece. The Gloves of the Heartmender are similar to a number of world drop medium and heavy gloves, or you could use the similar Leather Ranger’s Bracers (purchased — LOTRO Store). The leggings from the Forgotten Hope set (bartered — Tinnudir Wardens of Annúminas quartermaster/Wardens of Annúminas reputation) or Westernesse Leggings (crafted — metalsmith T4; or looted — world drop/general) could easily replace the leggings used here. The boots used in this outfit have the same appearance as Limdail (quest reward — Angmar  Bloodwing).