In IIIA 1974, Arthedain, one of Arnor’s successor-kingdoms, was destroyed in the seige known as the Fall of Fornost. The inhabitants of fallen Arthedain fled to Lindon and the Witch-king of Angmar took up residence in the remains of Fornost Erain. The following year, Prince Eärnur of Gondor came to Lindon with a vast host. This host, plus the remnants of the Dúnedain of the North, the forces of the Elves of Lindon, and a small company of Hobbit archers marched into the Fields of Fornost to challenge the Witch-king.
This Hobbit is one of the small company of brave archers sent from the Shire in support of the Men of Arthedain, probably under the command of the Thain of the Shire. Although, as an archer, he will see little hand-to-hand combat, he is nevertheless clad in sturdy leather armour, reinforced with steel rivets and mail in the shape of the Star of the North-kingdom. A simple cap keeps his head warm and dry and does not interfere with the perception that is so key to the archer’s art. Fingerless gloves keep his hands warm but allow him maximum control over the pull of his small but deadly bow. Finally, his quiver features a bag of green cloth that can be pulled up and closed with a draw-string to protect the fletching of his arrows from the damp, misty air of the Fields of Fornost.
This is the second of three outfits in a collection based on the Battle of Fornost. These outfits use the armour sets bartered by the Wardens of Annúminas, each of which feature a seven-pointed star. The star can also been seen in the architecture of Annúminas and a lot of the other ruins scattered around the shores of Lake Evendim — the heart of ancient Arnor. While all of the special chest pieces offered by the Wardens of Annúminas are nice, this one, the Warden class’s piece, is one of my favourites.
- Head: Rhagor-helm (looted — Pits of Isengard/tier 2 chest), umber
- Shoulders: Leather Shoulder Guards (purchased — Bree-town medium armour vendor; or looted — world drop), Rivendell green
- Back: Fine Quiver (crafted — tailor T2/spring festival Green Gift Box), Rivendell green
- Chest: Jacket of the Oathesworn (bartered — Tinnudir Wardens of Annúminas quartermaster/Warden’s goods), forest green
- Hands: Fingerless Gloves (quest reward — Yule festival  Self-sacrifice: Support the Poor), Rivendell green
- Legs: Ceremonial Spear-shaker’s Leggings (bartered — skirmish camp cosmetics quartermaster/Helegrod cosmetic clothing – medium), Rivendell green
Tips: Rhagor-helm shares its appearance with several other Dunland quest rewards. The Jacket of the Oathesworn has the same appearance as the Jacket of the Lazy Soldier and the Uruk-catcher’s Jacket (both quest reward — Great River  A Prisoner to Stangard).