The Elves of Middle-earth are often associated with bows, and several notable Elvish archers are prominent in the tales that have come down to us from those times, including Beleg Cúthalion and Legolas of Mirkwood. Bows are an excellent weapon for a stealthy woodland warrior, but heavier bows are also powerful battlefield weapons.
This elven battle-archer is wields a long war-bow, beautifully carved from yew and painted silver and gold. She must have great strength to manage the bow’s heavy pull; indeed the bow is so mighty that she needs no other weapon, for she can wield it as a deadly club or stave should her foes approach too closely. For this reason she need not remain in the rear ranks and wears heavier armour than many other archers — a shirt of leaf-shaped iron scales. Her pauldrons and boots, too, are decorated with the likeness of leaves. Her hooded cloak is a soft grey, allowing her to blend into twilight’s silver shade.
We often see depictions of scout-like elven archers; here I wanted to make something that would suit a battle-ready archer, a real skirmisher who can both fire upon her enemies from afar, or stand toe-to-toe with them without fear in the thick of battle.
- Shoulders: Malledhrim Pauldrons (crafted — metalsmith T6/Malledhrim reputation), white
- Back: Hooded Cloak of the Windsinger (purchased — LOTRO Store), grey
- Chest: Heavy Elven Iron Armour (crafted — metalsmith T2; or looted — world drop/general), black
- Hands: Footman’s Gloves (crafted — tailor T6), white
- Legs: Heavy Elven Iron Leggings (crafted — metalsmith T2; or looted — world drop/general), grey
- Feet: Malledhrim Boots (crafted — metalsmith T6/Malledhrim reputation), white
Tips: If you prefer an even more heavily-armoured look for your battle-archer, there is a chest piece available that features the same leaf-shaped scales as the chest used in the outfit, but layers an intricate breastplate over them. This Elven Steel Breastplate is available for purchase at the Rivendell heavy armour vendor or as a world drop.