Mirkwood was a dark, deep forest full of fear and secrets, but nonetheless the Silvan folk did have a realm therein, ruled by Thranduil, a Sindarin lord. The Silvan Elves, also called Tawarwaith, or forest-folk, seemed quite at home in the gloom of the forest, hunting and feasting beneath the dark canopy.
This Elf-maid is one of those who participates in the wild hunts of the Tawarwaith, running lightly along the shadowed paths amid the sounds of blowing horns and baying hounds. Usually the quarry of the hunt is game animals, but sometimes darker prey is pursued, such as the Spiders of Mirkwood, or Orcs creeping up from Dol Guldur to the south. Our huntress wears leathers in hues of the gloom that perpetually lurks under the boughs of Mirkwood. Her hood is decorated with a metallic leaf which matches her pauldrons. Her jacket is made up of many individual left-shaped segments of tough leather, held together with bronze rivets to form a protective flexible skin. She is well equipped for the hunt, and today her quarry must be more deadly than mere game, for in addition to her bow, she wields twin swords.
This is an outfit I’ve been wearing for a while on one of my lowbie hunter alts. I would have liked to take screenshots in Mirkwood itself, but due to being only level 12, that was impossible. The only easily-accessible “dark, evil-looking forest” I could think of was the small area around Jagger Jack in the Chetwood. The area was quite busy with folks running about killing Jack and his wolves, and some stopped and looked at me curiously. As usual, they must have thought I was crazy!
- Head: Tawarwaith Hat (crafted — tailor t6/Malledhrim reputation), violet
- Shoulders: Elven Leather Shoulder Guards (purchased — Rivendell medium armour vendor; or looted — world drop/general), sienna
- Back: Fine Quiver (crafted — tailor T2/spring festival Green Gift Box), black
- Chest: Footman’s Armour (crafted — tailor T6), violet
- Hands: Elven Cotton Gloves (crafted — tailor T3; or purchased — Rivendell light armour vendor; or looted — world drop/general), black
- Legs: Sturdy Elven Leather Leggings (crafted — tailor T3; or looted — world drop/general), black
- Feet: Footman’s Boots (crafted — tailor T6), violet
Tips: The recipe for the quiver used to drop from Red Flower Gift Boxes rewarded from the spring festival flower-picking quest, but it’s now available as the Quiver of Caras Galadhon (bartered –Talan Fanuidhol barterer; or purchased — LOTRO Store). If you don’t have access to any of these, I think the Rugged Quiver (looted — anniversary event/Elegant or Lavish Gift Box) or the Spring Adventurer’s Quiver (bartered — spring festival rewards vendor/cosmetics), which share the same appearance, would also look great.