The “desire of the hearts of Dwarves” was “a love of beautiful things made by hands and by cunning and by magic, a fierce and jealous love…” They could be covetous and grim and taciturn but it was also true that their loyalty and friendship, once earned, were as steadfast as the roots of the mountains. Their dour exteriors can hide hearts as true as pure gold.
This noble Dwarf warrior wears beautifully ornate battle armour. A gilded steel breastplate reinforces a suit of gleaming mail and his massive pauldrons feature protrusions reminiscent of a crenellated wall, or of the very peaks of mountains. An intricately-chased full helm protects his face, and his heavy shield is inlaid with golden geometric patterns. His inner heart of gold may be projected outwardly by his gleaming exterior, but his shell is hard and impenetrable as adamant.
I was looking through my outfits and I realized that I haven’t done a heavy armour look for a dwarf yet! That seemed like a scandalous oversight, so after a bit of playing around trying to achieve the “golden” look, this is the result. Dwarves can be tricky I find, and I usually have to mess around with various pieces for quite a while, but I’m really pleased with the way this look turned out.
- Head: Head-cage (looted — Grand Stair/Igash the Fanatic), default
- Shoulders: Barrow-warrior’s Shoulder Pads (bartered — skirmish camp classic quartermaster/Great Barrow – armour set), gold
- Chest: Hauberk of the Rugged Clansman (bartered — skirmish camp heavy armour quartermaster/Odothuilan campaign armour), sienna
- Hands: Dwarf Leather Gauntlets (purchased — Thorin’s Hall heavy armour vendor), umber
- Legs: Dwarf-make Steel Leggings (crafted — metalsmith T3), gold
- Feet: Boar-hide Boots (bartered — Galtrev Dunlending quartermaster/Men of Dunland reputation)
- Shield: Wyrmshúd (looted — Barad Gúlaran)
Tips: World drops can sometimes be found that have the same appearance as the helm in this outfit, but unfortunately, I’m not certain if there is anywhere to barter for a helm with this skin. The shoulders used in this outfit have the same appearance as the ones from the Daerdúr Armour (bartered — Gath Forthnír heavy Armour trader) and Sun-watcher’s Armour (bartered — skirmish camp classic quartermaster/Eregion – Armour and Jewellery sets). The boots have the same appearance as a number of other Dunland quest rewards.