The Original Outfit: “Warden of the Exiles“, a red and grey cold-weather outfit. In the original post, the context of the outfit was the frigid journey across the Grinding Ice made by the exiled Noldor under Fingolfin. I wanted to showcase the design on the cloak by having it mirror the northern lights of Forochel. Here’s a Starry Mantle lore-fragment: In the original outfit, I edited the crescent moon out of the cloak design and ensured the moon did not show in any of the screenshots because at the time of the Flight of the Noldor the Sun and the Moon had not yet risen over Arda.
The Updated Outfit: I was given some constructive criticism on the original outfit that the bright red seemed out of place and was perhaps more thematically suitable for a follower of Fëanor (the Spirit of Fire) than of Fingolfin. I agree! Therefore, I reworked the outfit to eliminate the red, while still retaining the outfit’s centrepiece, which is the cloak. The Ajokoira Leggings are replaced with the Leijona Leggings, and Rochwen’s Boots are replaced by the Boots of the Galadhrim. The Rock-climber’s Armour is now dyed Grey. I think the new overall appearance fits the theme better, and there is more synergy between the boots and the chest.
What do you think? Has this warden been redeemed, or should her new outfit be exiled?
- Shoulders: Elven Steel Shoulder Guards (crafted — metalsmith T3; or purchased — Rivendell heavy armour vendor; or looted — world drop/general), sea blue
- Back: Cloak of Winter Nights (purchased — LOTRO Store), sea blue
- Chest: Rock-climber’s Armour (crafted — tailor T6), grey
- Hands: Snow-dusted Travelling Gloves (bartered — Yule festival barter vendor/cosmetic clothing), yellow
- Legs: Ceremonial Leijona Leggings (crafted — Tailor T5/Lossoth reputation),
- Feet: Boots of the Galadhrim (crafted — metalsmith T6/Galadhrim reputation), grey